Research & Development
Our quality control (QC) lab has the capability to store up to 12 months of finished goods and raw material retains. We have on staff a full-time analytical chemist to analyze all incoming raw materials.
Mother Murphy’s quality control team follows a multistep process that can include:
- Comparing our products visually and organoleptically.
- Comparing taste quality of new lots with last lot of flavor.
- Measuring specific gravity and refractive index of each lot and comparing to acceptance ranges.
- Analyzing both the new lot and previous lot by GCMS.
- Analyzing by color using a spectrophotometer.
- Analyzing particle size.
We always welcome customers to tour our facility, including our labs, to learn more about our company and its operations.